1. Buff away dry skin before treatment with a gentle exfoliator. This will make your tan last much longer by revealing new skin.
2. Wax at least 24 hours before treatment, ideally 48 hours before to allow the pores to close.
3. Shave at least 24 hours before treatment and apply a rich moisturiser to replenish dry skin.
4. Moisturise generously the day before, ideally overnight. This will prevent dryness and provide the perfect tanning base.
5. Rinse off any products, perfume, oils, moisturisers and make up before attending your spray tanning appointment.
6. Dark, loose cotton and jersey fabrics and dark underwear without tight waistbands are ideal to wear before and after your spray tan. Some of the guide colour can be easily removed by tight fitting clothing so it is best to keep clothing loose.
7. If you are new to spray tanning or highly sensitive, a patch test before your treatment is always recommended to ensure the tanning formula is suitable for your skin.
8. Take some hair ties along with you if you have long hair to keep the back of your neck and shoulders free.
9. If you have to run any errands after your spray tan, you can take deodorant to apply afterwards once your tan has set.
10. Apply nail polish to fingers and toes, this will help protect the nails from any discolouration from the tanning product.